Last Thursday, November 9th, our main sale ended. As of that date, we have raised 114 BTC, 1812 ETH, and sold almost 5 million of BBT tokens. Although this amount is below our expectations, it´s enough to launch a good product! We already have a running beta with hundreds of beta testers, and we are working to deploy our app on the Ethereum network during the second quarter of next year, as we have explained in our recently updated roadmap. The funds raised thus far make a great seeding for The Block project.
I have purchased some BBT tokens. What’s next?
First of all, we would like to appreciate your support for our project! We are honored and humbled by your confidence in us! Furthermore, you should keep in mind some important points.
First, you can access your BBT tokens through Orderbook. Just log in and you will be able to see them in your account. For safety, we recommend that you keep your BBT tokens in myetherwallet. If you do not have one yet, visit https://www.myetherwallet.com/ and use the “Create New Wallet” function on the home page. Then, you will need three pieces of information in order to prepare your wallet correctly:
- Address: 0x1500205f50bf3fd976466d0662905c9ff254fc9c
- – Token Symbol: BBT
- – Decimals: 4.
After you log in to your wallet, click the “Add Custom Token” button under “Token Balances.” Enter those three pieces of information as shown above, and click “Save.” Your wallet is now ready to accept BBT.
After preparing your wallet, you will be ready to transfer your tokens from Orderbook. The system will charge you 5 BBT for that. Don´t worry, we will refund it to you. Just email us at [email protected] and include your transaction ID, to confirm that it is a real transaction from Orderbook. Then, we will send 5 BBT to the same address used in that transaction. Only one transaction per person, please.
During the beta testing period, if you have real BBT tokens do NOT keep it in your Block Wallet. Using real BBT during the beta testing period will result in the loss of these valuable tokens! We have created “test BBT” and “test ether” for the purposes of testing our beta versions. If you would like to participate in the beta test and get to know The Block, please register.
Once The Block is Live, you should keep at least a few BBT in your Block Wallet so you can create listings… if you want to be a seller. Buyers do not need BBT, just ether.
Some of you are asking if you can buy and sell BBT on any currency exchanges. Right now, we are listed on https://idex.market/eth/bbt and https://etherdelta.com/#BBT-ETH We are also in orderbook.io and http://cryptobserver.xyz/ We will continue to improve our list of exchanges, so expect more news in a few weeks.
For any inquiries and support, please email us to [email protected].
What are the next steps for BitBoost?
Right now we are finishing the final tasks to wrap up our ICO, redistributing BBT tokens, and setting up the foundations for the next few months. This will include:
- Developing the app. If you have skills related to Smart Contracts, cryptography, Angular 2, or UI/UX design, we’d like to hear from you. We are always looking for new language translators to help us localize The Block for as many regions as possible. You are also invited to join our beta testing and help us to make The Block even better.
- We will start with our user development campaign. We are looking specifically for potential sellers interested in being our first adopters, uploading and selling stuff through The Block. Maybe you are one of them! Email us to [email protected] for further info.
- We will also start to plan the next token sale rounds. After we have developed, tested, and launched our e-commerce MVP, we will be able to start scaling our user base up into the millions! We will need more funds to support our operations. Therefore, we will sell more BBT but never more than our total hard cap of 100 million tokens (we won’t issue more than that, as noted in our white paper). At this time, we can’t schedule exact dates for future token sales. It will depend on the many factors involved in the development of our MVP, but we will keep you updated. Don’t forget to register for our mailing list so we can send you all the important details!
- Finally, this next round of token sales will be carefully crafted to protect the value of BBT, balancing it with our business needs. Every bit of feedback from our token buyers will be really appreciated on this matter. Please, remember that we are always happy to hear from the community.
For more updates, please keep tuned to our social networks, blog, Medium and mailing list. Thanks a lot!